Incompetent Gov. Newsom denied entry to U.S. venue in Davos, press office says
editor <[email protected]> Wed, 21 Jan 2026 12:52:43 -0800
| Newsgroups | talk.politics.guns,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.california |
|---|---|
| Organization | To protect and to server |
| Message-ID | <[email protected]> |
California Gov. Gavin Newsom was denied entry to an official U.S. venue at the World Economic Forum, his press team alleged Wednesday. “Under pressure from the White House and State Department, USA House (a church acting as the official U.S. pavilion) is now denying entry to [Gov. Newsom] to speak with media after Fortune — the official media partner — invited him to speak,” the governor’s press office said in a social media post. Newsom was allegedly invited to speak at USA House after President Donald Trump’s speech at the forum. But his team was told Wednesday those plans would be canceled. “How weak and pathetic do you have to be to be this scared of a fireside chat?” Newsom asked in a social media post. The governor’s office said that instead, USA House offered Newsom the option to attend a 10 p.m. “nightcap reception” to have a drink. USA House operates a few venues at the 2026 World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, according to the organization’s website. The group is privately funded and says it “does not organize official government programming.” A spokesperson for Fortune told FOX40 that in large national events, participation is often affected by logistical and security considerations, adding that the company looks forward to future conversations with Newsom. “Gov. Newsom had been invited to participate in a Fortune conversation at USA House in Davos,” the Fortune spokesperson said. “Subsequently, USA House determined it would not be able to accommodate the Governor’s participation and communicated that decision to Fortune.” https://ktla.com/news/california/gov-newsom-denied-entry-to-u-s-venue-in-davos-press-office-says/